Monday, November 9, 2009

Week 5 Assignment 1: Final Project – Proposal

My "Week 5" posts are dedicated to my mother. She is a student of the arts who has inspired me to reach for my dreams while striving to do the will of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, through listening to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

My mom draws a bit and I prompted her to branch out from monochromatic works done in pencil, charcoal and ink into color. She creates images of people, trees, flowers, birds, etc but also deeply spiritual pieces that really speak to your soul if you are a Christian. Ever since I completed FND110 Drawing, where I worked entirely with pencil and charcoal, she has been asking me to draw something in color.

I would like to create a work that would be pleasing to her as well as show some of what I have learned in this class: using variations in hue, saturation and value to imply depth and transparency as appropriate; and choosing a color scheme that results in a pleasant viewing experience through harmony of color while limiting vibration. The theme will be religious symbols. I will execute the theme by using using three different religious symbols: a bible, an empty cross and a dove in flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment