Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week 3 Assignments

I need to spend a bit of time blending charcoal to get varying levels of shadow. I have used my chamois and blending stumps. Every time I have tried it, I lose any details in the area I am blending.

By the way, I need to go buy a different brand of vine charcoal. I think the ones I bought at Hobby Lobby are terrible.

In assignment two, we had to draw a dozen eggs. I found it challenging in a good way. I really had to work at it. I had fun with this assignment; just look at all the photos I took before I started.

In assignment three, we had to draw a still life with drapery. If the fruits and vegetable were not hard enough to draw on their own, the drapery made it all the more difficult. I did not enjoy this one in the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment