Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fun With Lightroom

I think that I may have upset my professor. We had an discussion question about Rome. In a response to another student's answer I tied it in with the sad state of affairs here in the United States. More on that in a later post but because of it, I needed to do something to take my mind off of things.

Initially I had decided to go out and make some art with my camera. Yeah, I said "art" and not "photographs". I take enough photographs but I rarely try to create anything artistic.

Instead I decided that the sun was too high in the sky to even try but that I could go through my older shots and see what I could come up with.

I eventually ran into some night shots that I took way back when with my D40 mounted on a tripod with the 18-55mm kit lens.

I came across this shot of the dock looking over Lake Carolyn in Las Colinas (Irving), Texas.

Dockside (Original)

I created a virtual copy and cropped it in Lightroom's Develop Module.

Dockside (Cropped)

Next I created a virtual copy and clicked the auto control under Tone. I then made two additional virtual copies.

Dockside (Auto Tone)

To the first virtual copy I applied the "Creative - Aged Photo" preset.

Dockside (Creative - Aged Photo)

To the second virtual copy I applied the "Vintagey" user preset.



Dockside (Vintagey)

I do not know what it is about this last one but I really like it. In the process, I had a great time and the best part, I am no longer upset about the situation in the online classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment