Monday, June 22, 2009

Bad Son

I am a really bad son.

We went to church yesterday morning. They gave all of the fathers a pint of ice cream on our way out.

"Happy Father's Day!"

My wife and kids took me to Red Robin for lunch.

"Happy Father's Day!"

We picked up a new desk and monitor from Frye's.

"Happy Father's Day!"

When we got home, my wife, who has sciatica, took her medications and went to bed. It was just me and the girls for the rest of the day. We put the desk together in the office and got my laptop all set up with the new monitor.

"Happy Father's Day!"

Once my wife woke up, we picked up dinner from Subway and went back home. We ate while watching TV together.

"Happy Father's Day!"

All day long, I was exposed to "Happy Father's Day" from everyone and yet, for some unexplainable reason, I never thought to call Dad.

"Happy Father's Day!"

I called him at work today. I apologized profusely. I told him that I feel horrible. I told him that I really do love him. I could hear the hurt in his voice though, and it made me feel even worse.

"Happy Father's Day!"

I am a really bad son.

1 comment:

  1. I clicked over from the Wordless Wednesday site and saw this entry.

    Oh no! about forgetting to call your dad. :(

    ReplyDelete